Whenever you are working on QuickBooks and there is a situation when you are not able to access files or create them, and the QuickBooks Error 6150comes, then it means that there is a problem with a company’s file being created, open or used.
When QuickBooks Error Code 6150 occurs, a pop-up box is displayed with the following message, ‘An error occurred when QuickBooks tried to create, open, or use the company file. Please try again.’
To fix any kind of technical problem, you need to know what kind you are dealing with, and it is clear with the message in the box to know as to what type of error you are dealing with. Because it is a technical glitch, there has to be a cause which led to this error.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 6150:
- Your company file might be damaged.
- The installation might be corrupt.
- Trying to open a portable file without opening the software.
- Company file might be virus infected.
- You might be typing the wrong extension of the file or was changed.
There can be a lot of different causes for the problem. These technical errors come with a lot of effects.
Effects of QuickBooks Error 6150:
- It already says in the error message that QuickBooks was unable to open, create or use the company file so some of its side effects include:
- Not being able to open the company file
- Not being able to create the company file
- Not being able to use the company file
- Another one of the effects could be that your system freezes or crashes.
- Your QuickBooks Desktop might stop responding, etc.
These problems are easy to tackle with and do not consume much of your time while being fixed. The above methods should help you in to Fix QuickBooks Error 6150.