QuickBooks users may face “QuickBooks Abort Error” when they have done any changes in the software. Because of this error, the user will be unable to launch the company file and your system shuts down immediately. Due to this error, you have to stop continuing work and restart your computer. Once the error gets resolved, you can continue with your work.
What are the symptoms of QuickBooks Abort Error?
The Following is a list of all the symptoms that you can be seen during launching the company file:
- When your system shuts down immediately and the user is unable to launch QuickBooks.
- If your system crashes frequently, then you may encounter QuickBooks abort error.
- The user is unable to work on QuickBooks and receive a message as “QuickBooks Abort Error” on the screen.
Causes for QuickBooks Abort Error
Here are the possible causes of the abort error that might be hampering the workflow:
- Due to a corrupted hard drive, you may face QuickBooks abort error.
- If the QuickBooks company files have been hosted by multiple computers.
- Damage in the QBWUSERR.INI file may also be reason for the occurrence of QB abort error.
- If your accounting software is not updated to the latest version.
- When the user is failed to continue working on QuickBooks because of the blockage by firewall.
Solutions to resolve QuickBooks Abort Error
Apply the following solutions one after another in order to get rid of QuickBooks Abort Error.
Solution 1: Retitle the QBWUSER.ini file.
- Firstly, choose Rename by right-clicking on the QBWUSER.ini file.
- You need to type ‘.old’ at the end of the file name.
- Give new name to the file which named as ‘EntitleentDataStore.ECML”.
- After you have renamed the files, try to open the company file.
- If you are still facing issues in opening the company file, then copy the file on another folder. And then, attempt to run the file in that folder.
In case, you are still experiencing the issues, this means that the company file has damaged.
Solution 2: Utilize the Task Manager
- First of all, you are required to close all the applications and QuickBooks in the Task manager.
- After that, you need to mark all applications that end with “QB, Intuit, or QuickBooks”.
- Click on End Task.
- In the end, choose Repair QuickBooks.
Solution 3: Stop Hosting Multi-User Access.
- Go to the Fie option and click on Utilities.
- Now, you need to select ‘Stop Hosting Multi-User Access’.
We hope that you have understood the solutions to resolve QuickBooks Abort Error after reading the above-mentioned article. If you still have any queries or want to know more about the same, then feel free to get in touch with our QuickBooks Mac Support and get instant assistance. We ensure you that all your queries get resolved in no time by our experts.